Make sure you sign up on my mailing list (just below on the right) before you leave! Your address is SUPER safe with me.

Monday, November 9, 2015

Why Am I Here?

[Note: This is my most current post over at brantthompson.com, my active blog. Feel free to check it out and make sure you get on the new mailing list so you don't miss anything.]

Why Am I Here?

There is a reason why you are here. “Here” meaning where you are in your worklife at this moment.

[I hesitate to say professional life, because some people misinterpret a professional to be only someone in a business suit. To say worklife covers us all.]

Remember that when you walk into work today, there is indeed a reason you are there. Knowing that you are in the midst of a plan already in action helps to motivate. No, you are not just randomly wandering. Be encouraged.

When I look back at where I was professionally 10 years ago, I can safely say that the good Lord was  preparing me for what I am doing right now. At that point, I owned my own business and I was gaining a mountain of experience. I go back further (back in the late 90s) and still remember valuable lessons I learned from working with an electrical contractor.

I could go on. The point I’m making is this… Don’t think that you have failed (or are even wasting your time) if you are in a dead-end position, or one that simply provides little-to-no job satisfaction. Knowing that you are there at this moment in time to absorb as much knowledge and experience possible will motivate you. You are being prepared for a much greater task down the road.

Think of this. At the very least, you are in the process of eliminating what you don’t want to do for the rest of your life. Simply despise where you are at? You have identified one more company or industry you will not go to work for ever again.

Remember how many times Edison ‘failed’ when inventing the light bulb? He has been quoted: “I have not failed 10,000 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 10,000 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work.”

Think about it.

Enjoy where you are at today, you are there for a reason.

Thanks for reading. Let’s have an awesome Monday!

Brant



Connect with Brant:
Twitter  Facebook  Google+

brantthompson.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment