Make sure you sign up on my mailing list (just below on the right) before you leave! Your address is SUPER safe with me.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Photo Tip Monday: Pack An Extra Battery

Summarizing today's post: Photo tips, being prepared, & remembering the camera.

flickr.com/photos/dj-dwayne/6022061167/sizes/m/
Not too long ago my aunt told me a sad story.

She had taken a little trip down to the Outer Banks with my uncle to get away for a few days. They like to visit Ocracoke Island, and that was their destination.

It was a beautiful day out when they loaded up on the ferry (yes, Ocracoke is only accessible by ferry). What an awesome day to take a few photos of the ocean shore from the ferry's viewpoint.

She pulled out her camera, and...dead battery. What a disappointment!

My aunt is usually all-prepared in every situation imaginable. Bless her heart, she remembered to take her camera for the trip. But she is human, and she forgot to charge her battery the night before. Rats.

So in the spirit of this sad story, I have a photo tip for you (after all, it IS Photo Tip Monday): 

Get yourself a backup battery. 

They are usually cheap. But even if it weren't, I'd still recommend you get one. It doesn't matter how fancy your camera is...if you don't have a battery for it, you're screwed. I'd rather have a $50 camera with a charged up battery than a $5000 inoperable one.

Here's a resource for you where you can find any battery for any camera:

Batteries Plus: http://www.batteriesplus.com

Go buy yourself an extra battery and keep it charged and in your camera case at all times.

Thanks for reading and have a great Monday!

Brant

Wow, look at you...you made it all the way thru my post! I really appreciate you as a reader. Don't forget to register your email for automatic updates up at the top. Please pass this blog post on to your friends using the Tweet, Facebook, and Google+ buttons. That would be awesome.







No comments:

Post a Comment